View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Fleetwood Mac: I just don't get it, there's nothing there. They aren't great musicians, write boring lyrics, and their subject matter is generic. Peaceful, Easy, Feeling sounds like it was written and performed by a 1st grader on Recess break. Rocking Me Baby, cool intro aside, is completely one note and features almost no instrumentation. And don't get me started on Christine McVie: soulless, cheesy, bland (see You Make Loving Fun or Say You Love Me).
I kind of get what he means with Christine McVie, because that was my impression of her music and singing a few years ago. I've come to appreciate her since, of course, but it kinda bugs me that I get what he's saying in that sentence, when the rest of it makes no sense to me at all. "They aren't great musicians" and "It sounds like first graders" are just flat-out stupid comments. But I guess people have more fun saying provocative things than honest ones. Personally I've never warmed much to The Beatles. I'd never say they weren't great musicians, I just don't connect with them. But I guess that in and of itself is a pretty dull phrase, and it'd be more exciting for me to compare their sound to camels in heat, even though that comparison makes no sense, to get a rise from people