View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 02:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Blechhhhh! "Over & Over" was the WORST choice for an opener. Even "Honey Hi" would've been a massive improvement.
Think About Me would have been a great opener. Though Tusk was meant to have an incongruous sound and feel (right?) so using a ballad as an opener works in that sense.

Anyway -
When I read that during their last show, the band announced plans to tour in the summer of 2014, occasionally I would pretend that they meant Australian/New Zealand summer and that they would come play here in February/March. The Australian leg of the Say You Will Tour was in February 2004. Knew that there was zero chance of them making up their cancelled dates that soon, but it's nice to pretend sometimes.

Lots of Ledgies appear to be of the opinion that Say You Will is sub-par, I don't know how it was received at the time of its release. [Correct me if I'm wrong] It's not uncommon for people to say in retrospect that the Say You Will and Unleashed tours (especially the 2009 tour) were sub-standard, but at the time people actually had fun at the shows and enjoyed the music. Maybe part of why Fleetwood Mac's latest efforts seem poorer than their earlier work is just the tendency to overanalyse them as the years go by with no new Mac release to keep fans engaged.

I don't mind if Lindsey produces the next album. Maybe they could bring in a co-producer from one of their earlier albums to act as a mediator. Would be great to see them all in the studio together at the same time and bringing fresh songs to the table (Lord knows Stevie's reverse burglar has revealed far too many of her demos to the world already - with vocals far superior to what SN is capable of today). I remember someone writing on this board that a Stevie/Christine collaboration would be very interesting - I'd like to hear that too. Maybe Stevie and Lindsey could even co-write a song together (yeah right) or perform an original duet. I think take full advantage of all Christine's new songs and have her keyboards (some accordion playing would be awesome actually) and vocal interplay with Stevie and Lindsey as an integral part to other songs on the album. There's another thread here about the tempo of more recent recordings being a touch too slow - that could be improved, definitely.

Really hope the Mac come to Australia with Christine too!

Last edited by secret love; 02-01-2014 at 02:26 AM..