View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I can't imagine that that caused her any "trouble" that effected her life or thought patterns at all, though I'm sure it was a bother. I imagine that she started to realize that retiring is one thing, but leaving society is another and maybe she realized, or friends and family let her know, that things had gotten to an unhealthy point. Maybe there was some agoraphobia seeping in.

I give Steven Tyler no credit. He just did what Mick told him too and Mick got her softened up. I give Mick all the credit.

Michele
I think agoraphobia was maybe on the cards. There was a story in the early 2000s saying she no longer answered the phone unless she knew someone was scheduled to call, and that later in around 2010 she wouldn't let the water company guys through her gates as she didn't want to see anyone. I think it went too far and someone staged an intervention maybe.

May I say, and we haven't covered this, that her second marriage really seems to have set this behaviour off. Ken touched on it in a radio interview after Sept last year. The breakup with Quintela really seems to have been bad. I don't know what happened exactly, and it isn't my business, but it think it sapped her of a lot of confidence, and that - combined with exhaustion and boredom - probably made her quit and retreat in 1998.