View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 05:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockawayBlind View Post
I kinda like the guy who produced the This is 40 songs. Probably the best production on Lindsey songs since Out of the Cradle, in my most humble opinion.
I wouldn't be unhappy if Jon Brion gets the gig. If we're looking at pure instrumental talent, he actually outshines Lindsey or Christine. No kidding. He's one of those prodigy/savant types who can play multiple instruments ridiculously well.

And he's certainly accustomed to working with egos. Jeez, the guy worked with Kanye West! His score for ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND is haunting and beautiful.

His production resume is very diverse, which is a good thing, but it's also missing big names outside of West. I'm not sure FM would consider him to be "in their league." I don't like a lot of the artists with whom he's worked, but I'll say that I've never heard a bad-sounding production from him. His productions sound GREAT. They have the richness and warmth of those classic '60s and '70s pop and rock records [like RUMOURS] but with just a hint of quirkiness [think '66-'68 Beatles] that makes them sound fresh.

matt