View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
It would be nice for Christine to perform her one big solo hit, Got A Hold On Me.

It would be really nice for Stevie to drop Stand Back, and replace it with some other upbeat song like In Your Dreams or Imperial Hotel. Implausible, I know.
i'm going with your understanding of this thread: what solo songs they can perform with FM.

re what solo songs that are already out as solo to put on a new FM album - why do that? don't you want to get new songs?? plus LB already brought tons of his solo songs to previous FM albums - TITN and SYW come to mind. so it's been done, and some people loved it, others hated it.

it's interesting to read suggestions that seem to point out how little people here know of LB's solo catalog. (Trouble? shoot me now. ) personally, i like it much better when people say "i don't know" instead, like gssmith did.

so going with that, since i don't know enough of SN's or CM's solo catalog i'll stay away from suggesting EO17.

for LB, if FM is performing a solo song from each songwriter, That's The Way Love Goes should be the one.

although as LB said, Mick would love to have the opportunity to drum live on Gift of Screws, but that song may be too left field for the Mac set. TTWLG has just the right balance of popiness, rockiness and punkishness to still fit into the Mac set and rejuvenate it. (of course, my very first choice would be In Our Own Time, but that one may be too "edgy".)

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"