View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 08:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think that on most of the Stevie or Lindsey songs they did live from 03-13 from the Rumours-Mirage era they just about got away with it being a fair (if matured) representation of the Mac from that period for 2/3 of their live show from way back. Sure, I wanted to be able to hear Chris on backing vocals for Rhiannon, the Chain, Beatiful Child and the like, and to have heard her working away on the keys for GYOW and GDW would have been great, but it wasn't to be. I also really enjoyed SYW, although a careful pruning of 4 or 5 songs might not have hurt too much. It was different, but still the Mac and that's what I love about this band- hell, I spend too much of my time listening to a 10 hour playlist of 155 songs from every album and iteration they've ever produced from 1967.

It was still fine, if not great when Stevie took over her parts on the only two Chris songs they performed on each of the three tours. I might be alone in this, but I quite enjoyed the playfulness of SYLM when they did it in 09.

So they've always dealt with loss right from 1970, sometimes better than others, and for a variety of reasons. I'm ecstatic that Chris, at 70(!) wants to do this again and having her extra dimension again will be fantastic. What a way to go out if this lineup can hold together until at least the 50th anniversary in 2017.