View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Christine's coming back for one reason...it's Fleetwood Mac's Grande Finale tour. It's been pretty obvious that Fleetwood Mac hasn't been Fleetwood Mac since 1998. Mick wasn't going to let Fleetwood Mac sail into the sunset being Stevie & Lindsey's feeble attempt at being Buckingham Nicks again under an assumed (and more well-known) name.
BINGO! I totally agree. I think we're getting a tour a la The Dance with some new songs from each of them (hopefully Miss Nicks doesn't open the vault but writes something new) and than they'll call it a day. I think Lindsey will either continue solo or him & Stevie will do the BN cd release and tour behind that.

As for Chris coming back, I think it's awesome. I went to 3 shows during the SYW tour and didn't really miss her but when she did the 2 London shows 10 years later with only one song I realized I did miss her. It's the musical chemistry between the 5 of them that makes them so special. Not to mention the harmonies between Stevie, Lindsey and Chris. And Chris brings a lighter note to the show with her songs; Lindsey is kinda dark and edgy, Stevie has the gypsy, gold dust woman, Rhiannon thing going on and than there's Chris singing about you make loving fun and I wanna be with you everywhere. Love it. Plus I've only seen them once back in 1980 (Tusk tour). They didn't come back until 1988 but than Lindsey had left and they didn't tour Europe for The Dance. So for me it'll be a thrilling experience to see all of them back together again.

Welcome back, Christine

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced