View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I became a Fleetwood Mac fan because of The Dance, but never saw the band in person with Christine McVie. Then, I became a big fan of Buckingham Nicks. It is not hard to see where my main interest lies, but I've had the opportunity to see them front Fleetwood Mac many, many times. Adding Christine to the mix again will make it different and fresh. New music could also have done that, but alas, Stevie did not produce on that score.

I was THRILLED to hear Without You performed on tour. It was like a dream come true. The idea of a Buckingham Nicks tour is also terribly exciting to me. However, I'm willing to wait another year for that if it means I can see Christine with the band at last. The same is true for the solo material. It's not as if her return means we'll never see LB or SN solo again - it just means we wait a bit longer for it.

For me, there's always been Buckingham Nicks, and then Fleetwood Mac... separate entities. I want to see Christine as part of the entity that is FM. I want to see BN on their own terms. I still believe that can happen.

I believe we can have it ALL! Christine and FM now, BN/solo later. No, BN/solo later is not guaranteed... but it never has been guaranteed. If Stevie and Lindsey mean what they've been saying and if the re-release of BN is truly important to them, then a summer tour with Chris won't nullify that. Take courage, BN fans - it's all good!
You're right, Nancy. I'll keep waiting... lol

And, I am looking forward to seeing the 5 together. Truly.