View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I agree 100 percent. That's basically what's it's been the last 15 years, BN with aFleetwood and Mc Vie backing band. Not as good. I'll actually go see them this summer. Who wouldn't be thrilled? I don't get it AT ALL.
Oh, what the hell? Get the pitchforks cos I'm another person who is not thrilled. AT ALL. No shame in admitting it either, to be honest.

I only discovered FM this year, have never seen them live (thanks, cancelled tour...), and the entire reason for loving them - for me - is basically Stevie and Lindsey. I am disappointed I won't get to see a SnL led Fleetwood Mac tour. I am disappointed at what the setlist will probably be (yes, I am seriously upset I won't get to see, most likely, WY or SG, etc). I am disappointed that the onstage dynamic will probably be different now. I am disappointed that both fans and the media are and will be acting like FM have been treading water for the past 15 years just waiting for Chris' return. I LOVE SYW. I LOVE the EP. I do enjoy the mix of vocals with the three of them but, quite honestly, the only plus side of this for me is that we'll probably get a new album and I'll have some new SnL songs to listen to...

Look, I don't begrudge anyone's joy and delight over Chris' return but it's not the only legitimate viewpoint and it doesn't make me less of a fan or a person. I won't skip her songs on an album and I won't take a bathroom break during them at a gig but I'm NOT thrilled about this and I'm NOT thrilled with the way people are acting towards those who aren't over the moon about this news. I enjoy the music and live videos for SnL's voices, for their chemistry, for their dialogue in song, etc. I see it still - I see more energy this year, more of a connection, and more happiness there. I don't feel anything is missing or stale and yes, that's probably something lacking in me but I don't connect emotionally with Christine's stuff on the same level as I do with SnL and I'm not sorry about it.

Sorry if this offends anyone but it's the simple truth. For me.

(also, I'm annoyed that this is going to probaby push back Buckingham Nicks plans further)

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"