View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Los Angeles, November 10, 2006 Wiltern

Barring unforeseen miracles, tonight was the last stop on the tour for me .

I didn't see any celebrities in the Los Angeles audience tonight, but Kristen and Will were sitting in the 3rd row left. I thought it too bad that Kristen didn't have enough clout to score a ticket in the center section, but I suppose she wasn't sweating it. After all, she knows what he looks like already, maybe having a concert view is not all that important to her.

Both she and Will were wearing green Go Your Own Way t-shirts. Kristen's is topped with a black leather jacket which actually matches Lindsey's. I guess Lee Lee ditched her dad this time around. Some people just have better ways to spend their Friday nights, I guess!

When Lindsey introduces NGBA he says that if he hadn't come to Los Angeles from Northern California he never would have met all the friends who were there tonight.

Now that I'm familiar with the show, I noticed that I'm excited and anticipating each and every tune, except for Under the Skin and Red Rover. After UTS I feel this slight relief that it's now out of the way, knowing that there are nothing else but good times ahead. Now, UTS belongs in the set, because it's brand new, the title track from the album he's there to promote. Moreover, I love the studio version of the song anyway and am very touched by the lyrics. So, whether it translates live for me or not, I'm so thrilled to be able to see it performed.

Red Rover? That's a different matter. The song means a lot to him. I'm glad he got to indulge himself with its creation and wouldn't take it away from him any more than I'd take the Tusk album away. But where does it end? He got it on a Fleetwood Mac album. He performed it on tour with Fleetwood Mac. Can't he just let it go now? When I think of everything else he could be performing in its place, I could weep. Lindsey is singing endlessly about dreams deferred these days, but what about my dreams, none of which are bathed in blue, none of which are bathed in white!

The way the show peaks with I Know I'm Not Wrong, Tusk and Go Your Own Way back to back is like the Tusk, Stand Back and Go Your Own Way trilogy that worked so well during the Say You Will tour. It's a triple audience play.

Also when Lindsey says that during the tour would be unimaginable without Neale, Taku and Brett, it's reminiscent of Mick saying his life would have been unimaginable without the Macsters, during the SYW band introductions.

When Lindsey gets to Taku he says that, "he's going to stay on the road with us, whether he wants to or not." Taku just nodded enthusiastically, as if in accordance. Well, we'll see.
Towards the end, after the band took a group bow, Lindsey ran into the wings and made hasty gestures to his assistant, Ray. I started to get excited thinking maybe he was making a last minute switch to the encore song and was asking for a different guitar. Well, a surprise was not afoot. He closed with Save Me a Place and Bleed to Love Her.

Singing "maybe I need to be amazed" and watching Lindsey command the audience, I was.

Michele