View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope the EP is not an indication of what the album will be like.i feel like the band has followed the exact same pattern twice in their careers. I would compare the dance to rumours, the bands huge commercial successes 20 years apart. Then they follow it up with an adventerous, great album. Say wha you want about 2 solo,albums, not cohesive, where's Christine, but I freaking still love say you will. I like tusk WAY more. I would take out 3 songs from each writer to make it more perfect but it's full of really incredible songs. And call in non cohesive if you must, but I think Murrow next to Illume absolutely sound like they belong on the same album together, and then to follow that up with the classic sounding thrown down is the same concept as having Sara next to wmytyto. How is it any different.

But anyways the third and most annoying part of the band repeating itself, is them being afraid of said experimental album and feeling the need to artificially manufacture their more "fleetwood Mac like" sound. I mean Lindsey basically came out and said that's what he did with his 8 songs. And without you is just Awful. The only silver lining with wy is I'll take the awful song being allowed to be on the EP since it led to the awesome intros on the tour. but just months earlier stevie recorded the wonderful you can't fix this. They wouldn't be going all mirage and try to manufacture a sound. They should just continue on whatever musical path they are going on as individuals and bring that together in fleetwood Mac and see what happens. Lindsey should be doing his one takes and illuminations and Stevie should be doing you can't fix this and moonlight level material, just getting Lindsey's spin on those. And if Christine is thrown in the mix, even better.

He Will Burn You Down