View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I agree with you J Stew on all fronts. I know Stevie has some songs from the vault that she will feel its time to release. She also said she wrote some songs after her moms passing that may be a good fit for the new album. I'm very excited to hear these three voices together again.
I had forgotten about how she supposedly wrote an album's worth of material following her Mother's passing. I'd think she would certainly bring in these songs as "new" material. No doubt, she has plenty of far more ancient stuff she'd bring to the table, too.

I agree that the Mac hasn't worked quickly in the recording studio since 1975. However, recording technology has taken a giant leap forward since the last time Fleetwood Mac recorded a full album. There are no longer tapes, tape machines, layering of different instrumental/vocal recordings, etc to worry about. Now everything is instantly recorded digitally, can be instantly played back, & is instantly configurable thanks to things like ProTools. Without You was completely recorded in what, like 2 days? Fleetwood Mac probably WILL take their time recording new work, but they don't have to.