View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

‘We go on stage and still have our love affair’: Fleetwood Mac’s Stevie Nicks on Lindsey Buckingham by Something Else! January 4, 2014 at 1:38 pm

http://somethingelsereviews.com/2014...ey-buckingham/

The torrid passion between Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks has been both the blessing (you’ve heard of Rumours, right?) and the curse of Fleetwood Mac.

After all, the emotional split chronicled in songs like “Dreams” and “Go Your Own Way” eventually formed a basis for bad feelings that split the group apart a decade later.

Since a 1998 reunion with the platinum-era lineup of the group, however, the tandem of Buckingham and Nicks has held steady — even as Christine McVie retired and, more recently, her ex-husband John McVie endured a cancer scare. Once perhaps the most unstable part of the group, they now represent its foundation.

“We were, for all practical purposes, married for a long time,” Nicks tells Extra and, with their continuing tours in Fleetwood Mac, “we have the ability, and the gift, of being able to go on stage and still have our love affair.”

That Buckingham is married now hasn’t changed the nature of this more mature kind of passion — a passion focused on the work.

“He has a beautiful wife that I just adore,” Nicks adds, “and three little kids that are so very special. I get them also, you know? I get to have them, too.”