View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 12:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Nico! it's been a long time, good to see you back here!

you know my answer. more than the times you have listed, but haven't lost count, yet.

and still not enough. why so many times? first i loved [some of] his music, then i saw him live at Saban show, and figured i'd see one more when he comes to my area. then talked to some other fans, and it just started rolling. now we have big fun roadtrips and parties around his tours, and i met some of my closest dearest friends along the way. it's like an addiction. or maybe like some sport's team club. whatever it is, it's been a great journey.

live solo, i love his intensity, especially when he's performing on his own. he takes you on emotional roller-coaster ride, plus gives you unbelievably mesmerizing guitar experience that one can gets never tired of watching. solo he doesn't play chords like he mostly does with the mac, but you also get much more of that thunderous fingerpicking that is hard not to get drawn into.

the fact that Lindsey is so open to audience interactions and that you can tease him during the shows and get him to add some requests adds in the fun. and that he is so warm, appreciative, and easy to shoot breeze with these days doesn't hurt either.
What a perfect response. You know, there are some artists you see live and they're good and everything, but their performances don't necessarily showcase a completely different side to their artistic abilities. When I saw Lindsey live, I felt like I saw a whole different side of him. On albums, his songs could be more mechanical, precise, and "perfect."

There is something so intense, passionate, REAL, and...fiery about seeing him live. All the emotions come through and, to be honest, I've loved a lot of his live arrangements as much- even more- than on his albums.

Not to mention- YES! Some truly awesome people I have met through this fandom. You all know who you are.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL