View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
oh ok. this was a first for me.

didn't he say basically the same thing in Stockholm when he also dedicated SG to her?
let's compare and contrast, shall we?

"This is something that Stevie and I do by ourselves. It’s a song I wrote about Stevie. You know, I’ve known Stevie since I was about 16 years old…. we’ve been down a long, long road together, and there are times where maybe you just keep taking it for granted and think it’s never going to end. But I’m realizing now that we are getting to a point where you really can’t take anything for granted. And I’m just gonna dedicate this… I’m gonna dedicate this song to Stevie. This is called Say Goodbye."

"We’re gonna do just one more, I think, then get out of here. This song is one that I wrote a few years back for the last studio album we did together called Say You Will, and it was written about Stevie, as many of my songs are…. The thing about illusions is that you need them. You need illusions in order to grow, in order to dream. But you sometimes need to cast away illusions in order to grow. So as we move into the new year, perhaps a new way of thinking, a new set of possibilities, I’m going to dedicate this song to this beautiful lady that I have known since I was about 16 years old. She’s mad now because I’m making it difficult for her to do this song. It’s okay, just do the best you can. So this is for Stevie. This is called Say Goodbye."

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"