View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
I must say that I did not pick up the emotion at the Vegas show being linked to it being their last as a four, and further - frankly - it ought to be a cause for happiness rather than sadness if the Rumours lineup really is reforming again.
yeah, but you were not there... that was just the feeling i had throughout the show. it was really weird. and yeah that's exactly what i was thinking - of the current lineup, why would SN be the one so emotionally attached to the 4 when in all interviews over the last decade she insisted she was the one who wanted Christine back the most?

also, when Mick was introducing Brett, he jazzed it up and made audience do another set of applause for him... which may go along with Brett doing CM parts too over the last decade and it being over now?

so yeah you might be right, it doesn't add up. it didn't to me, but i still had that feeling throughout the show. their repeating at every opportunity how this was the last show added to it too, especially considering that we know now they'll do more in possibly less than 6 months.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"