View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I'm 31, and my surviving Grandparent is 91. My parents, however, are about Stevie's age. And let me tell you, they recount anything & everything they did during their drug & alcohol filled 20s & 30s. I think that's a function of the Baby Boomer generation, though. This is the generation who started the counter culture & women's movements. Sexual liberation was at the forefront for these people, as was the proliferation of recreational drugs. This same generation experienced the civil rights era and protested the hypocrisy of Vietnam & Watergate. I think personal openness is just hardwired into the Baby Boomer generation- they brought into the light the human (mis)behavior that had always been around. Just because Stevie may be a senior citizen now hardly makes her a fragile old woman. In this same article she's discussing her hardcore drug usage & affairs with married men who had children, all while apoligizing for none of it.

To me, the far more eye raising part of this article was the interviewer asking Lindsey about his purported past violence towards women- then calling him on it when he refused to admit specific incidents. That's a lot cheekier than asking Stevie if she'd ever had an affair with a woman. But different things shock different folks, for sure. I also admit I know nothing of the Daily Mail, either. It sounds a bit like the UK's version of Fox News. Meaning, the publication appeals to a very 'specific' audience & the integrity of their journalistic motives might be debatable.
The Daily Mail is indeed like Fox News. If you like your news peppered with right-wing foam-mouthed rants, then it's fantastic.

Its online version is separate and more celebrity gossip-oriented. Salacious as their reporters can be, I've no reason to doubt the quotes they attribute to Christine, and I can almost hear her saying them. I agree with Michele that the comment about Peter Green sounds authentic.