View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
I don't really get the vitriol of your post, MrStevie. I don't think Stevie is absolving herself of any responsibility in this interview. She's acknowledging the fact that she fell in love (which is not something that anyone has any control or choice over) and that she made some pretty bone-headed decisions because of that. Love does make people complete idiots. She's being honest about how she felt and what she did at the time. She's not saying that it didn't happen or that she was tricked into it, and she's not saying it was right.
Sorry you read vitriol. I was aiming for irony but oh well.

Considering what you said below, I'm surprised you think the only questionable thing in the article was the sexual orientation bit. As long as the tone makes a good impression of Stevie and Chris and the only person coming off poorly is the only one who's motives you suspect, then it's okay to believe this article as the rare good one in a publication known for being nothing but complete trash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
I know many people who read the Daily Mail but they all seem to be quite self-aware about how appalling it is. So that's... Something, I guess. I do genuinely think it's the sheer readability of it that draws people in, against all else, even the fact that it's historically been absolutely wrong about everything (yes, including Hitler).

I've picked it up over lunch breaks in the staff room. At its best it's just hugely uninformative. I never finish a copy of it feeling like I've actually learned anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
I don't know, I think it's better for children to see their parents owning up to - and taking responsibility for -- past mistakes, as opposed to pretending it never happened.

Lindsey's responses to the questions seemed disingenuous to me.
The entire article seemed disingenuous to me.