View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
It's possible that I'm having my impression of the question and its nature coloured by my understanding of the publication and its target clientele, in which the smarm-factor is all but a given. Maybe my reflexes are getting the better of me and I'm not being completely unbiased. My impression, though, has always been that questions related to sexual orientation are just unprofessional, period, and are not asked by respected publications. Perhaps I'm wrong about this. But Stevie's reportedly startled reaction is telling. And I don't think if Lindsey had been asked if he ever had a bi moment that it would be seen by Lindsey, the interviewer, or Mail readers, as a "logical progression" from other questions about his personal history.
Hey, at least they had the "class" not to ask her about the 'coke up bum' rumor.

And surely Lindsey's heavy eye makeup during the late '70s could have been grounds to ask about his sexual preferences?

But in all seriousness, does anyone else think some of the quotes from the band members seem a bit suspect? For instance, the amount of cursing in Stevie's quotes... that's just not her style.