View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I have always wondered what was behind this deal. How come we just hear that it was made and don't get further information like 'Clear Channel got exclusive streaming rights to 400 songs.'

The fact that we don't know the music content of the deal makes me think (or just wishfully dream) that it's not about old FM catalogs, but maybe prospective stuff from them. Michele
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
Indeed, that is correct - it is not about their catalog, but rather for new music only, which is why this deal is not the 'exlusive-mega-extreme' deal that it sounds like. All hype -

I underscored the word 'any', because it is so important, in context. The deal ensures the band is paid for 'any' airplay of their new songs from Extended Play. Not a word about old material, and ironically not even a deal that there would actually *be* any airplay for the new material.
Yes .The right thing to do is play every tune in the FM library but they concentrate on 10 popular tunes and play the crap out of them.

Here in CT the station have no problem playing FM oldies.When it comes after 2004 which they put on the ignore playlist.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016