View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

With drummer Fleetwood and Buckingham, Fleetwood Mac has remained a foursome since Christine McVie departed in 1998. But the keyboardist recently said in an interview with the Guardian that she would "probably be very delighted" if her bandmates asked her to rejoin.

"Well, first of all that "if-she-was-asked thing" is crazy because it's her band," Nicks said incredulously. "It's her band. You know, it's like, if Christine wants to come back to Fleetwood Mac, she doesn't have to ask. She just has to say, 'I'm coming back.' "

Nicks said Christine McVie is going on a safari in January, and hasn't spoken to her since the songbird reunited briefly with the band for rehearsals in Dublin and cameos at two shows in London in September.

"So she really did get to drink in the enormity of this 2 hour and 40 minute show that we do," Nicks said. "And also the grueling difficulty of it. Because I know to the world it appears very effortless, but it's not. It's very, very hard. ...

"And the only thing I said to her was, 'You left because you didn't want to fly anymore and you were having panic attacks and you didn't want to do this anymore for a lot of reasons. And it was so physical. So just remember, if you come back, this is a big, big job.'

"she can't just come and go".........