View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 05:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
finally some positive words about the EP. i'm completely puzzled by all the hate. yes, it threads mostly old grounds (recycled old song, and 2 songs that are sounding pure like FM formula), but listening through new songs of the band one is such a huge fan just once is just incomprehensible to me (i even listened to IYD 5-10 times!!). i can understand it for SN fans, since she's barely there, but FM fans? just don't get it. Sad Angel may be a formula song, but it's a great formula. and Miss Fantasy... well it's really poppy. both songs are nicely produced so i don't see that's the problem. It Takes Time is interesting departure... one may not like it, but can't say it's not different and interesting. people seem to be really divided on that one - some absolutely love it, others hate it. and yeah all 4 songs together are not cohesively produced... maybe they should have gone with Lindsey's original "throwing 2 songs on itunes" instead of Stevie's "let's have an EP" as far as cohesiveness goes, but i'd much rather have 4 songs than 2.
I haven't spent enough time listening to Miss Fantasy or It Takes Time - this is something I need to do. Without You hasn't really grown on me, but I can understand why it had its place on the EP. But just to say....I thought Sad Angel live was amazing. I liked it before I went to the concert, but played live it really stood out for me. It ended up being my favourite part of the show. It sounded fresh, uplifting and vibrant. I'm so pleased with Lindsey's determination to bring out new music.