View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've found some of my favorite music from Fleetwood Mac's opening acts:

The Cruzados (whose bass player went on to spend some time in Rick Vito's solo band

Sanford-Townsend Band (they were MUCH more than just "Smoke From A Distant Fire", although the record charts won't tell that. )

Mistress (which originally had Dave Walker as their lead singer, I found out about 25 years later, after seeing them twice)

Stephen Bishop (who went on to bigger & better things)

Christopher Cross (after hearing "Ride Like The Wind" echoing through the canyon as I was walking to my seats at the Hollywood Bowl will be a lifetime memory. Although I can't stand most of Christopher Cross' material, that one song just hit me a certain way that night)

And, established artists who were already among my faves had opened for Fleetwood Mac at one point or another:

Little Feat (for a few years in the early-mid '70s, they were the opening act for a majority of the concerts I attended. I had to tell people around me to "shut up & listen" during their set & lo and behold, those people's jaws were on the floor in awe of Little Feat by the end of the set...as was mine, EVERY time!)

Dave Mason (one of the few acts who has been both the headliner and the opener on a bill that included Fleetwood Mac...and, to top that off, then later a member of Fleetwood Mac)