View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
I always got the opposite impression. That she's never moved on because she's so hung up on Lindsey. And who can blame her? I mean...
Yes, when she talks about it, about him being the only one she was ever with that long, it's not as if she's saying that it was such a nightmare relationship she never wanted to have one like that again, it's more like she takes succor in the fact that he was the only one to whom she was ever really "married," despite the other romances she's had.

I mean, a part of her does indicate that she doesn't really want to get close and suggests that he wanted more intimacy than she could give, a sentiment that inspired her Gold and Braid lyrics, but I also sense a kind of pride in what they had when she says that her mother and father considered them married and so did they, like she's never had that closeness.

Yes, her POTU lyrics which say you will never love again the way you loved me, you will never rule again the way you ruled me suggest he had a dominion over her that she wanted to escape on one hand, but to me there's that other unsung, unsaid half that says, "you'll never love again that way and I will never BE loved again that way."

You will never rule again and I will never fall under someone's sway so deeply that I want to surrender again. I mean she calls it an angry song of hers, but when I hear the song, it's a universe where the world ends not in rage, but with regret.

Michele