View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickney723 View Post

I think he probably loved Carol (as in, he cared about Carol). I don't think he was ever in love with her. Many people are in years long relationships exactly like that- I actually think it's very common. If you are a person who needs to be with someone, it doesn't matter how many options you have: there may never be a reason to leave unless you can be with someone you are actually in love with. I think true love is a very rare thing, it just doesn't come along all that often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
And, sometimes people are in relationships because they are convenient and remain in them because they are convenient. And, sometimes they get in relationships with people out of spite and remain in them for convenience - and spite.
And sometimes people move on, and find love again.

Sure, it's possible that Lindsey wasn't in love with Carol. But it's just as possible that he was. Love comes in varying degrees, and forms, and for all we know, he's currently married to the love of his life. Or maybe not. How do we know? Personally, I just hope he's happy, and that he's loved. Same as I'd wish for anyone I cared about.