View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 01:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Christine didn't point Lindsey out in a recent interview. The interviewer asked her about him and she answered.

And while she said they weren't friends socially when he left in 1987, she also said she wanted to work with him again and said that she hoped they would. She didn't say that had no relationship, not since she left the group in 1998. I do recall that in about 2003 when asked if he'd been in touch with the band over the holidays Lindsey said something like he hadn't talked to Christine much since she left and had no real relationship with John outside of the band. And Christine also said she hadn't been in touch with Lindsey although she emailed and talked with the others at various times, John and Mick sometimes, Mick and Stevie at others. But there have also been years when she said she and Stevie hadn't been in touch and she and John hadn't been in touch.

As for Stevie's grandmother sweater, she says he asked her if she had to dress so flashy or something. She didn't say he told her to wear a granny sweater or otherwise selected her clothes and about 35 years ago she said that he didn't like the way she dressed because he didn't like all the men looking at her, but Stevie saying that Lindsey objected to an outfit is a far cry from proof that Lindsey is such a control freak that he wants to dictate what she wears on stage anymore than it is evidence that he has forbidden her from removing her mic from its stand. I say things to my friends and relatives all the time about their hair, clothes, what tv shows they should watch and movies they should see or shouldn't. I even told my mother she should have consulted with me about her cataract surgery just the other day. I am constantly telling them what they shouldn't do and what possessions of theirs I don't like, but they don't listen to me and I'm not dictating to them. I am stating an opinion to people I know will listen if they feel like or not, if they think I'm being an idiot.

Michele

As I already said, I think Christine is already onboard for a project with FM, probably an album, without any other member of the band having issues with her rejoining. What I find ridiculous is how this thread turned into a debate over Stevie not wanting Christine back in the band based on speculations of who gets how much money from touring. Does anybody believe Stevie to be such a crazy hypocrite not to want Chris back in the band, but repeating to the public over and over for fifteen years she does? What I said in my previous post might have come out a bit wrong since I cant quote the things they say in interviews word to word, but its clear from various occasions that Lindsey and Chris are not that close as friends. And even if he didn't single handedly picked Stevies granny sweater for the SYW tour, he had a great influence on her toning it down. Stevie rarely badmouths anybody, even when the person deserves it, so there must be a good reason why she was so pissed off at him after the tour. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he against Christine performing more then one song during the London shows? All of us would be ecstatic if she was allowed just a couple more songs, and closed the two shows with Songbird? What should be more important to them, a lousy review in a paper focusing on Christines performance, or thrilling thousands of fans with a rare treat, who by the way pay for their extravagant lifestyles and give them so much love? Don't get me wrong. I ADORE Lindsey as a guitarist, love him as a producer and a singer (I realized he was that good when I saw them live, because the full color of his voice doesn't transfer to tape completely), and most of the time not as much as a songwriter. I would be an ungrateful idiot not to appreciate the unmeasurable amount of joy they all as a group have brought to my life since I was a teen through their art, and I repeat: I am sure they would all be glad to have Chris back, and its probably going to happen, but if there was an unspecified band member who didn't want her back for whatever reason, based on their attitude it would be Lindsey. Unlike him, there is not a single thing, no matter how small, that indicates it could be Stevie or Mick, and I don't think that John cares that much, as long as he gets to play. I consider myself to be realistic towards musicians I love. I would never praise a ****ty peace of music they have done as a masterpiece (and even the best of them have their moments), nor would I justify if they acted as jerks. What I find unnecessary is perpetuating fictional malicious stories about artists we all love, for whatever personal reason people have.