View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
IYD is the record they should have made...Not that they should sound like Stevie Nicks but it would not hurt them to do something other than the "Buckingham/Rumours" sound...I'm quite sure John & Mick would be thrilled if LB would suggest they record a few blues numbers...What's the John quote? "Bloody hell we're supposed to be a blues band"
Huh?

John said that in 1975, nearly 40 years ago, and they had long stopped being a blues band by THAT point. I suspect he's over it.

Quote:
Don't forget if it weren't for "Buckingham/Nicks" Fleetwood Mac would possibly be just a footnote in some "History of rock" story...
Oh, don't kid yourself. Fleetwood Mac made twelve albums and even had a Greatest Hits album by the time those two joined the band. Buckingham Nicks had all of one album and got dropped. Fleetwood Mac NEVER got dropped.

Quote:
If LB want's to be noticed then he needs to put himself out there more because sitting around waiting for FM isn't working very well...
What have you been smoking? He's released solo albums and has done a lot of solo touring. I'm saying that if he's going through the trouble of recording a group effort, he wants it to get noticed. Having Christine back will get that noticed.

THE Stephen Hopkins