View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I believe Stevie said in an interview not too long ago that at this point in her life she did not need the money and that for her going back to Fleetwood Mac fills an emotional need in her because they are all team. So I don't think Stevie will have any problems with Christine rejoining the group. As to her management team, Stevie's fired her manager before and she very well could do it again if this is something she really wants.

The argument that the band let Lindsey come back, so they should let Christine come back, doesn't seem like a viable argument to me either. It's like comparing apples to oranges. When Lindsey came back the band had completely broken up. There was NO Fleetwood Mac at that time and after Lindsey left in 87 the band pretty much fell apart. The band has been intact with just these 4 members since about 2002 and their popularity is continuing to increase. Whether it's because they are riding a wave of popularity from college kids or something else I don't know, but they have become very popular again in the last 3-4 years without Christine.

I don't want to start up any Lindsey bashing because he very well could welcome Christine back with open arms. However, I have always thought and still do that (as much as I love him) any problems with Christine rejoining the band will come from Lindsey.

Lindsey will take a hit financially if Christine rejoins. Though like Stevie he can make some of his losses up with his solo work even thought it's not as profitable for him as it is for her.

But money aside, Lindsey has never appeared to be money driven like some of the other band members, and I think he would be willing to take a decrease in the profits if necessary. What Lindsey has always cared about was making the best music possible. Many fans say that artistically adding Christine to the band only make since musically because her voice adds another layer to the bands sound and of the 3 her songs are the most successful commercially and I agree with that.

But it's hard to tell if Lindsey agrees with that or not. Maybe he was upset Christine left the band. Maybe he was mad when he said he enjoyed the dynamics of the band better with just the 4 members and maybe when he said Christine couldn't just come and go he was just trying to pin her down and not let her overshadow the band. Who knows

Also, (I believe) all of those quotes were made before the band knew John had cancer. I think John's cancer diagnosis has made the band members look at the fact that nothing last forever (like Lindsey said in his "Say Goodbye" dedication to Stevie) and that hopefully has made them kinder to each other. Hopefully, it has also made Stevie realize that she may not have a lot more time to create new music with the band and if they are going to make a new CD they need to get it going as soon as possible.