View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
When I met Ken, he mentioned that nobody will stand up to LB. He also stated that LB is extremely fond of Christine.
Where are the examples that Christine stood up to Lindsey anyway? Aside from the one story that she threw a drink in his face and slapped him, who has ever said that she stood up to him? Who has ever said that he did anything that needed standing up against?

Stevie has said that Christine would run their rehearsals, but that's not something that it sounds like Lindsey was trying to run anyway. When we hear outtakes, Lindsey is not trying to direct that stuff. In fact, Lindsey is pretty quiet on the audio tapes. Stevie is talking, but no one is listening to her. Lindsey is not even talking that much. I think Christine and Lindsey both had their place in the band and it didn't require either of them to keep the other in check very often, because their roles were quite distinct and separate, not causing them to knock heads a lot.

I think if Lindsey had a problem with Christine it had nothing to do with her personality. It had to do with the fact that keyboards had to be arranged into songs where he would not normally have had as much of that, left to his own devices. So, I think many times, he would have tried to do something with a guitar, making it sound close to a piano, but because she was there, he had to work in a piano. And when she was gone he no longer had to work in a piano as much. The funny thing is -- sometimes he has more piano than you'd expect from him on songs without Christine. And also she sure had more guitar on Meantime than I think she needed. It's like they complained about each other, but then they tried to compensate for each other's absence.

Michele