View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
just rewatched the NOLA intro (can't believe it was only about 2 mins at the time !)... you are right.

i don't feel like listening again to catch the exact wording but i think it may have been the first time that anybody did anything on stage to point out it was not exactly Without You and blend of voices that Mick wanted at the time - with Mick pointing out to Lindsey like "didn't i want you?" and Lindsey going "me?" - and then Stevie reacting to it and saying "right, Mick only wanted guitarist" (or whatever the exact words were). so i guess Stevie said it in the mic in front of however many thousands of people, not Lindsey and not Mick. and Mick started the whole commotion with pointing to Lindsey.

or something like it... lolol.

remember at the beginning of the tour there were threads on this board where people were confused, trying to figure out how come all of the sudden WY was the song Mick first heard when for decades the story was that it was Frozen Love?
Well, based on this video that you posted, Stevie was right all along. I'm guessing Mick first said it to Lindsey and then Lindsey corrected her (not through the microphone) and then she says in the microphone that Lindsey was right. What they needed blah blah blah. So he did remind her of that in front of thousands of people.