View Single Post
Old 08-15-2003, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Eh, Roadrunner ain't bad. Yeah, it doesn't really sound like Fleetwood Mac but the song itself sounds decent.

From listening to Penguin I really don't see how it's gotten a bad rap. I'm not a hardcore Fleetwood Mac fan by any stretch but I haven't found anything about it I dislike. Although it lacks some of the grand tracks that graced the Future Games album overall I think its the more consistantly pleasing.

I think "Prove Your Love" is my favorite track of the moment. That and the insanely catchy "Dissatisfied." Still haven't absorbed both albums enough to really make an educated opinion on them as whole entities though.

That must have been cool to see them way back then. My dad also saw them around 72-73 and remembered them being really good. He described them as a young band just having fun, and he actually prefers that more fun, loose material to the polished pop of the Buckingham/Nicks era. I guess I do too, as I bought most of the Welch era albums BEFORE the Nicks ones. Hell, my first FM album was Bare Trees and I don't think anybody starts with that one.