View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post

However, realistically, we know Lindsey wouldn't be keen. Am I wrong? Come on. He loves this 'new' sound and the fact that he's really the unchallenged musical driving force. I'm not being facetious or unkind. I know the Lindsey fans get their knickers in a twist at the sort if comment I've just made, but tell me he wouldn't have his nose put a little out of joint by having to re-calibrate his approach to accommodate the 'only person in Fleetwood Mac that he ever listened to'.
I don't think Lindsey likes the new Fleetwood Mac sound particularly, because he's had to change his own style to fill the hole Christine's absence left in the group. Lindsey didn't even like having his own song, Did You Miss Me released as the first single on his solo album. He said that was the record company's idea.

I don't think he liked having to put out his Bleed to Love Her and Steal Your Heart Away again for SYW, but they were there to fill in for Christine, just like the title song was. he still had to "re-calibrate his approach" for Christine, even when she was not around, because he had to make sure that the album lived up to the pop sound the world expected from FM. If Christine herself is there, filling that niche, he can concentrate on other types of music that are more true to his own sense of creativity.

I really don't think it's a big deal for Lindsey to have Christine on an album. I think he minded not having her there for SYW. If he misses anything about just being a quartet, I think it would happen on stage, not on record, because he'd be performing fewer of his songs.

Overall, I think he's always been puzzled and even resentful of the way Christine cut off her ties and left the band so entirely. He even gave an interview this year where the interviewer said he sounded surprisingly agitated about that, about no one knowing why she had to sever things quite as much as she did. I think he'd like her back on a full album. I would also think he wouldn't want her on a tour and they could continue to be BN on stage and FM (all 5) on record, but it seems like he wants her to tour too, if she is going to record.

Michele