View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
Yes, touring is the big money-maker, but I think people tend to overestimate its importance in selling new discs by veteran artists. Most albums by older acts sell most of their units to the die-hard fans during the first week of release; hence the album debuts high on the charts and then falls quickly. If the tour doesn't start for a couple of months, the album might not even be on the charts anymore. And when there is a lot of publicity in any form (concerts, TV, etc.) what really gets a boost is the older catalog, like Rumours or Greatest Hits.
In any case, no money means no go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
C'mon now. If you were as wealthy as her, you could stay in the 5 star world class hotels. Heck you could even have your own bed shipped to each location if you're worried about how your back will react to the coils. You can even have each hotel room decorated to look like your own bedroom. The possibilities of comfort are endless when you've got the dough to back it up.
It's the homesickness that does it more than anything, really. Even on vacation I sometimes crave for my own bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
I think that she still might consider doing live shows in London, maybe some of the English regional venues, that sort of thing. Even then, as a solo artist I'm surprised she's considering touring. I recall in 1984 that she really had a problem being the principal focus of the audience's attention, and not just a part of the rhythm section, as she saw herself in FM.
Maybe the therapy helped her confidence a teeny bit, but I still imagine her being a team player in any case.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie