View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 02:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
No, I'm not saying it's ok to attack other members. In fact, I think this is a heavily moderated board that expressly discourages personal attacks. And I know it is not the flame-war laden attack mob that it was several years ago.

But people don't agree on what is an attack or what is not. When a person is sarcastic or mocking themselves they think that's dandy. When they're on the receiving end of it, it's bullying.

Talking about Stevie's twirls is not bullying. I don't care if that interferes with someone else's enjoyment of Stevie. The other day, when Gold Dust Boy posted about his concert experience, I didn't know why Elle asked him about his mother's view of Lindsey. I can certainly understand why he reacted the way he did and there was back and forth and I don't think there was anything wrong with that. Later, today, there were posts that took a different turn and discussed obsession, jealousy and personal motivations which were removed from this board for being out of line. And posts like that will be removed in the future.

But obviously, not everyone will agree with what is and what is not out of line in their book. So, yes if someone feels the atmosphere here is always oppressive, it's not going to change. You're not going to be happy here. And why stay in a place where you're unhappy and feel victimized when there are so many other alternatives.

Michele
OK, I'm glad I asked you to clarify what you meant, because I understand what your are saying now and I actually agree with you.
Different people have different levels of sensitivity. I can see making a remark sarcastic or otherwise and someone being extremely sensitive feeling like they are being attacked, when the remark was not even intended to be personal. I mean I have a pretty dry sense of humor myself,so I can see giving a flippant response to someone and catching hell for being mean.
Those types of situation can't be helped because there are so many different people with different personalities on the same board. And so in those situations I agree with you, if someone is offended by what's been said they can leave and join a site where the other members sense of humor or views matches their own.