View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeshere View Post
I doubt that most of the members on this board would stand by and watch a kid or a group of kids bully another kid and not say something to try and stop it, and just because this is a message board and not a school playground does not change the fact that it still bulling and very distasteful.
Yes, bullying is bad, but like "rape" I think the term gets misused and diminished. Of course, the definition or recognition of what is bullying varies from person to person and depends on if you are the one saying something that the other person disagrees with or if it's vice versa. When I was in school I couldn't leave a cliquish, hostile environment. At work, you can't always do it as fast as you'd like to either. Luckily online -- at least on a music forum like this -- we can go and don't have to put up with rudeness and ostracism. We can find a place that not only suits our interests, but temperament too. I know I've done that, not only with Fleetwood Mac, but in the old days with The X-Files too.

Today, I don't do Facebook for Fleetwood Mac, but I certainly see the appeal that the different Facebook pages have to offer. Everyone can kind of seek out what works best for them and pick and choose or "friend" those who are most companionable. We may not have all the website options we used to have like Seven Wonders, etc., but social media gives us many more options than we had even 5 years ago. At least that's something to celebrate.

Michele