View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
If he actually wanted a new album, he could easily get one by working with Christine. WB would back that and Stevie would back that and I think Christine would agree and would have agreed in SYW, if she didn't have to tour. If he's not interested, well no album. He can stop talking about it wistfully then.

He wants an album with him and Stevie, but fans don't want that and neither does Stevie from what I can see. He actually got his way more with Christine in the band, because she actually sides with him, increasing his leverage. If he hasn't realized that in all this time, I guess he never will.

As far as his comments about this tour appearance, it's true we haven't heard his side of it and we haven't even heard all of Stevie's side. Maybe she will elaborate more in Mojo. Also, I don't even know why she's saying this to Mojo. I question her motives. But I have feared what she said in my mind ever since she said Christine would only be doing one song two nights.
I suspected Lindsey was the reason and it troubled me. I've been troubled all along. There was one interview months back, after Hawaii, where Lindsey said Christine was never returning to the band Christine but could come up and do one song or whatever she wanted and I thought "aha" because I wanted that comment to be true. I wanted her to have carte blanche to do whatever she wanted in London (not come and go the whole tour) and I was afraid he wouldn't allow that and I thought, "Oh I will hold you to that, LB." What she did in Hawaii showed me she was game to do more with FM, since she did more with Mick's own band, who she hadn't worked with during her pinnacle years.

I don't trust most of what Stevie says and hardly think she can explain Lindsey's rationalization without getting some things wrong, but if she's correct, Christine wasn't going to change his stupid setlist. She could just sit in on the songs. She could just do World Turning and then play unobtrusively on his and Stevie's songs.

By her not performing the first night, then all the reviews would be about him and Stevie anyway. All Christine would do the second and third nights is give them another burst of publicity, which her appearance last night IS doing.

For BTM, he came and did Landslide, GYOW and even Tear it Up with the boys, Rick and Billy, who had more to complain about him being there than he has to complain about Christine being there. There are five of them in the eyes and ears of most of the world. He can't live long enough to change that.

Michele
I love this whole post.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case