View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 07:35 AM
Junior Ledgie

It was the Cerulean and Live Boston Tea Party lps from the 80s that got me into Peter Green. Several of the tracks on those sets are devastating. The long Rattlesnake Shake in particular and World In Harmony leaves it's studio counterpart in the dust.
The remastered box is excellent however Danny's guitar is frequently mixed back and some of the interplay is lost in key places for example on that same Rattlesnake Shake. The sound quality of the remaster is a vast improvement in my opinion but i have to stick with those better balanced mixes for listening pleasure.
I wish Wolfgangs Vault would crack on with issuing the Dinky Dawson tapes they have. I honestly believe that from the end of 1969 to may 1970 Fleetwood Mac were the best guitar band in the world.
I agree that if these Boston tapes had been issued in spring 1970 then Green would be even more of a role model for todays guitarists. As it is, he's something of a cult for those in the know. Same for Danny and was Jeremy ever better than Tiger and Stranger Blues on these sets ?