View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It may be the idea that Fleetwood Mac would be unstoppably huge if Peter had stayed that is mainly why he had to leave not wanting that sort of thing.

My impression of the Berlin thing is that he was enjoying himself and didn't want to leave, was enjoying the pure playing and expression among people who seemed to get it. If it was a bad drug experience shouldn't he have been collapsed and gibbering or panicky or some such? It makes a convenient scapegoat for some people and maybe the acid was 'bad' or different and nudged certain tendencies. I've had a couple 'bad' trips but which I value quiet a lot, I grew a lot from them, yet outwardly I am not as productive as an artist as I once was when I was driven and wanting to prove something. Then again, I am very sympathetic with Pete's thoughts then of giving it all away, owning nothing etc. as I had many thoughts along those lines myself at one time. The Green Manalishi to me anyway is a song about the insidious power of money, this monster we invented for ourselves which traps so many. It is tearing apart the world st6ill today in so many ways, but when it comes down to it is markings on flat two-dimension pieces of paper. It rules most people however! Jesus overturned the money lenders tables in the synagog, yet so many Christians are the 'buyers and sellers' like that pop song my Ocean back in the day (my parents' band used to perform that alongside things like Bad Moon Rising). John Lennon was struggling with many of these things around that time but somehow became a peace icon whereas old Pete is supposed to have become a sad deluded wreck?