View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
the dynamics in this band are so layered.... the couples' aspect is the most visible and in some ways it distracts from a lot of the other dynamics in the band... especially the stuff among all the men. LB and Mick have such a complicated relationship, as do LB and John... I fear that if/when a movie ever gets made about this band TOO much will focus on the "lovers" dynamic and the real complexity of all the relationships will get lost. That to me is where a lot of the real fascination lies.
Of course a movie is not going to focus on the five of them or will do so in only the most surface manner. The only group that could even possibly get broader analysis is the Beatles and even that is going to be heavily weighted to John and Paul.

Remember in 1997 when Christine said that a lot of love was floating around and she said that she saw -- I don't know if she said she saw John and Lindsey hug or she just said she saw them head to head, being warm with one another and that moved her, but then she made a joke about it and said don't get any ideas -- as if people would take her lovely comment about the men in a sexual way.

Michele