View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 08:36 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
I have the weirdest taste ever. If i'm not listening to FM or Stevie, i'm either listening to other classic rock bands like Zeppelin, Heart, Blondie, Grateful Dead, the Eagles, Tom Petty & the HBs, the Stones, etc. Or i'm listening to grunge like Hole or Nirvana or Courtney Love. Or i'm listening to classic country like Dolly Parton, Loretta Lynn, Johnny Cash, Tammy Wynette, George Jones, Tanya Tucker, etc.
I don't think you get more diverse than that,
This is exactly what I listen to! I won't complain if my friends listen to anything else, but if I am by myself I will only listen to the classics. And a lot of you older folks will be surprised by how many people my age appreciate and respect the classics too. I am only 25. I have been lucky enough to have seen a lot of them in concert. Bob seger a few years back was one of the best shows ever! Almost as good as FWM or Stevie. Tom, Heart, Dolly, Kenny Rogers were great too.

They do not make music any more, or atleast that is not what is popular and playing on the radio. I don't know of any younger musicians that are around. I am sure they are out there, but I havent been exposed to them. Any sugestions???

Even modern country has gone too mainstream pop/electronic.
I have to admit I do like a few rap songs, but only if I am in the mood. And the lyrics have to bee really dirty ;-) Like: "I got a hand full of ass and fist full of weave, face down on your knees" Or "I'll show you how we pimp in the south, it aint pay day till I nut in your mouth"

Last edited by gssmith; 06-29-2013 at 08:40 AM..