Thread: Atlanta
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wildhearted: What a concert experience you had!! Incredible you could get Lindsey's autograph, plus an amazing picture of him signing your Tusk album during the show no less (!!). You will never forget that moment.

I think in another thread someone mentioned that he/she thought that Stevie and her vocal coach have stipulated how she should perform her songs, figuring where to go for certain notes and where not to (Gypsy, I think was the song we were talking about, how she's long been changing "And it lights up the night"). That being said, Gold Dust Woman was really something else in Atlanta. I'm so glad Stevie went for some notes, showing us no concert experience is ever the same. Maybe in some of the other shows remaining she'll change what she's doing on Gypsy, she'll go for it? Maybe they will finally make Sisters of the Moon work better (probably less likely at this point as it's not evolving)? All I know is I get upset when people write off Stevie as only a shade of her former voice, that she sounds so monotone (like a goat eeek)....a performance like Gold Dust Woman, arguably her greatest song, proves she still has it and the voice endures.

Last edited by bethelblues; 06-14-2013 at 10:01 AM..