View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Seriously?! Karen, tell her it was 1982 and let's be done with it. Lol.
It brings home the fact that many conclusions I form may be completely illusory. I think they they make conscious choices to repeat something or deviate from it (like removing that guitar part in Rhiannon) when in reality they may never have considered the question at all.

I imagined a conversation where they were discussing whether or not Lindsey should sing on SOTM the way he has in the past and it probably never even came up between them, because Lindsey has no memory of singing SOTM live in the past. Period. So, so much for me guessing what goes on behind the scenes.

I meant to mention that after the Without Love vocals, I think, both Lindsey and Stevie moved towards Mick and they kind of finished the song together that way. I thought it was lovely, not only because it brought the introduction to the song in which all of them participated full circle, but because it reminded me of the past, like SYLM from The Dance or Tusk when Christine, John and Lindsey would all huddle together while playing.

When they are in physical proximity during a song, they feel more like a group. It's heartwarming.

Michele