View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

loved the review and all the special LA show specific tidbits Michele - thanks so much!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
For the intro into the Tusk songs, I think it's charming the way Lindsey gets so much pleasure out of the crowd's acknowledgment of the album.
yes, he definitely enjoys it. in DC, someone held up Tusk album when he started that speech and he loved that. people hold up BN and Tusk albums at LB solo shows all the time, but i guess it's not that much of a regular occurrence at FM shows. so he really loved that and incorporated it in his speech. he said something like "hey, and there it is!" and then he mumbled jokingly "we prearranged this" to the rest of the audience, but he was definitely beaming.

Quote:
It was before Big Love that Lindsey says "it smells like you guys are having a pretty good time. Yeah," in response to the marijuana fumes wafting towards him. He spoke of his need to defend against love being no more than an echo now that's he's been lucky enough to marry and have a family. He says that kids are a big responsibility, but one of the greatest gifts you can have. He dedicated the song to his lovely wife Kristen and his children Will, Lee Lee and Stella.

The tapestry that drops down from the ceiling for Big Love isn't used tonight, presumably because of the Bowl's layout.
Lindsey changed his Big Love speech and i missed it????? what?!?!? but that speech has been set in stone for years now, it was the only one he never changed since what? 2009? regardless of whether he's touring solo, with the band, without the band, just having q&as (see 92Y as a reference = same speech), with or without FM!!??

i guess in 2006 and 2008 he talked about finally finding love and having a family before BL, so it makes sense this would be the song he dedicated to his wife and kids. sweet! i wish i could hear that change in BL speech and whole dedication, hopefully the video will pop us soon!

makes sense now, we saw that BL didn't have tapestry in tweetpics and were wondering what happened there, whether pics were just left-right switched or was it because of the stage layout / bowl.

Quote:
When Stevie comes out for Without Love she says, "this is my moment!" I suppose that it's because Lindsey's family is present that she sanitizes things a bit, so that you might imagine that she and Lindsey were just chums. She doesn't mention how it's the nicest song she ever wrote about them or that she did it when they were so in love. She doesn't recall their great romance or say what a "loyal boyfriend" he was to insist that she join the band too. She refers to herself as the girl, rather than the "girlfriend."

This disappoints me, because I was thinking with that assembly, it'd be a great time to graphically explain, "Yep, in 1970 Lindsey and I were insatiable lovers hitting it on the regular," but nooooo. . .

another speech i hope surfaces on youtube soon!

Quote:
After the band hugs and bows, Lindsey leaves the stage after shaking a few hands in the front row.
heard he did that (mini edge walk ) in Vancouver too, but not in Tacoma (well maybe in Vancouver that was especially so he can say hi to some people he knew and didn't see for a while). happy to hear he did it in LA too.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"