View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
I just wondered if any other fellow-ledgies had played around with making all-era compilation playlists. Rather than doing it chronologically, which has its own challenges and limitations, I try to put together songs that flow into each other well, or that have some common thematic, musical or lyrical link allowing for the occasional left-turn. Parts of this list work better than others, but what do you think? I set myself some basic rules.. include every studio album, have it less than four hours long, and try to avoid consecutive songs by the same writer. I play it with 8 seconds of cross-fade to make it flow. And yes, I realise that post-Tusk material is a little under-represented...

The Chain ~This is the Rock~Black Magic Woman~Rhiannon~Behind the Mask~Hypnotised~Sara ~Woman of 1000 years~Man of the World ~Landslide~Albatross~Although the sun is shining~Save me a place~The way I feel~Gold Dust Woman~Green Manalishi~Brown Eyes~I loved another woman~Smile at You~Tusk~Coming your way~The Ledge~Everywhere-Big Love~Sentimental Lady~Never going back again~Closing my eyes~Spare me a little of your love~Sad Angel~Oh Well (part 1)~Dust~Did you ever love me~Crystal~
Miss Fantasy~Gypsy~Bleed to lover her~Show me a smile~Second Hand News~Mission Bell~ Say you love me~Go your own way~Got to Move~Lazy Poker Blues~Don't Stop~Eyes of the World~Over my head~Beautiful Child~ Need your love so bad~Love that burns~ Dreams~ That's all for everyone~ Dragonfly~Without you (Nicks)~ Songbird~Say Goodbye~All over again~Storms~Hang on to a dream~ Without you (Kirwan)~Safe Harbour~Why~Caught in the rain
What is the significance of the bolded songs?