View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy Welch View Post
and they actually did no memorial to Bob Welch who died less than a year ago? What's wrong with these people. They didn't even send me any flowers or even a card, although every other member of every band he played with did. He was so loved, yet they d0n't acknowledge him. Please forgive them and pray that they beg to get him in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, which they so vindictively left him out of, after inducting Peter Green, Danny Kirwin and Jeremy Spencer who played on less albums and were in the band less years than Bob. Please tell them to right this wrong. Shame on them! It meant so much to Bob and I have to fight for this for him. He gave so much to that band and loved them so much. I don't know what else to say. <3 Wendy Welch
Wendy,

I was one one of the most offended that Bob (or Billy or Rick) wasn’t included back in 1998. I assumed they wouldn’t say a word about Bob at the show, which is partially why I skipped it. Most bands would be thrilled to have “Hypnotized”, “Sentimental Lady”, or “Miles Away” available for their set, and have Bob’s legacy at their disposal. Not Fleetwood Mac circa 2013. Hell, the only Christine McVie song they’re doing is “Don’t Stop”, and she had the most BIG hits....

Barely any Christine McVie songs and no Peter Green or Robert Welch songs... I wouldn’t worry about them. They’ve sold their souls already. If they were, as a band, maintaining any creative credibility, then I'd be worried. But they're not.

THE Stephen Hopkins