View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Looking back on this album, I think it could've been great, maybe even without Christine's participation. I know some say her presence was needed to bring balance to the different styles, reign in Lindsey's material and more esoteric choices.

Instead of 18 songs, there should have been 10 or 11, which would've made it more definitive and streamlined to listen to. Maybe a shorter run time would've helped it reach platinum status with better critical reviews?? Maybe then they could've gotten some Grammy traction?? I fully believe the order should have been changed up to make it seem a little more cohesive, and not the two separate solo records critique everyone seems to give. I'm sure some of you disagree but I would've preferred Thrown Down as the first track, since I love the opening guitar part/instrumental that builds over several bars. It also didn't help that Stevie wasn't happy with the production of her songs, one small public example we all have being the Thrown Down incident. But I have to agree, some of the production choices were odd, and not just for her songs. I can't listen to this version of Bleed to Love Her or Say Goodbye. The former is way over-produced and is missing the raw passion of The Dance performance, and why Lindsey sped up the latter one doesn't make any sense to me. It loses the power and time for the listener to comprehend the song's meaning and lyrics. Two goodbye tracks at the end only solidifies the disparity, that each songwriter needed their own ending to the album. I'm sure some of you have some opinions on the album too...overall, I see the potential is there, and I can definitely see why some say the work is underrated. I only wish in hindsight they had made a few different choices, as the reception might have been more positive and then we might've seen another album sooner.