Thread: It Takes Time
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
I may be in the minority here, but I think if Lindsey is going to do 'Lindsey piano ballads' on which noone else appears then they are probably more suited to his solo projects.

I totally get that the band has evolved post-The Dance, but this track is just basically a Lindsey solo track which sits totally apart from its three companion tracks. I'm sure that delights all the Lindsey solo fans, but as a fan of Fleetwood Mac proper it feels odd to me.
I'm not a Lindsey fan. But i've always (since Tusk) classified Lindsey Fleetwood Mac songs as just Lindsey songs because he's doing everything on these tracks.
So to hear Stevie sing backing vocals on Sad Angel isn't going to change anything, it will always be a Lindsey song to me.
It takes time didn't need backing vocals or drums because it's pretty this way, just as Sad angel sounds damn good with the whole band.
Should they only choose songs that sound good when played with the whole band? I don't think so, it would reduce their range, and currently Lindsey is the only one who is bringing something to the table.