View Single Post
Old 08-05-2003, 08:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Well I don't have perfect pitch like you seem to, only relative pitch. But people with perfect pitch can find it very frustrating listening to off-pitch music. I don't envy you!

It frustrates me that newish songs are suffering the same fate. Is it a deliberate studio quirk for Lindsey not to correct the pitch? That's what I assumed... it' pretty signature Lindsey
Murrow is stuck somewhere between Cm and Bm. Luckily I have a aynth so I can edit the pitch to a minute degree - you can do the same with guitars I think, but obviously on an acoustic piano you're at a loss in terms of playing to the CD - which is lots of fun - so I can imagine why it annoys you!

I've always found YMLF to be pretty squarely on Gm, give or take the expectable degradation. But for someone with perfect pitch that could be more frustrating I guess. Try Gm again - it really should be ok... it is off by a slight bit, and that might be a big bit depending on the tune of your piano (sorry, I'm not implying your piano's out of tune just trying to cover all angles). EDIT: I just checked the 'Anthology of Classics' sheet music and yeah it's Gm. But I agree it's noticably off for a piano in good tune. Not totally off like Murrow though

Abm? Yuck - Abm/B was the last key I learnt to play ... despite my efforts to avoid it, how could I resist playing along to the new live version of Beautiful Child??

Last edited by DownOnRodeo; 08-05-2003 at 08:18 AM..