View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 01:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
I think the timeline is a little off. Billy was still a part of Fleetwood Mac when they did the Time album, Rick had already left (or was fired, he never said what happened) and what do you mean by "Mick & John put out a new Fleetwood Mac because they owned the name and the others wouldn't play"? Which others? After the Time album, Stevie & Lindsey came back, hardly a "new" Fleetwood Mac. They didn't need other players. Or is that the reason why Billy, Bekka and Dave Mason were fired?? I'm all confused now...
Rick wasn't fired, although he's never stated why. Stevie, when she was angry with the band, said that she suspected it was connected to her issues with the band. Although the money and exposure was probably good, I can't imagine BTM was all that rewarding for him.

From what I've pieced together, when Mick broke the band up in early 1996, Christine had already quit, Bekka and Billy moved to Nashville and were already working on their country duo album (though weren't quitting the band), and he had started working with Lindsey.

I'm not sure what Wendy meant. Mick and John have always put a new band together when someone quits. What's odd is that, after Peter quit, whenever they've done albums with new personnel, there have been two new players. Pretty consistent, really.

Future Games: Christine and Welch
Penguin: Weston and Walker
Fleetwood Mac: Stevie and Lindsey
Behind The Mask: Billy and Rick
Time: Bekka and Mason

THE Stephen Hopkins