View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird View Post
I find it really hard to believe that most people would seriously read that comment and come away with "Stevie Nicks thinks women have to look so beautiful, to the point of being called goddesses for that beauty, in order to earn their rights." It seems really super obvious to me that she is saying that she would make it clear from the way she carried herself that she wouldn't be walked all over. It's utterly nothing I can't imagine someone not named Stevie Nicks saying.
I don't know if people take away that Stevie thinks women have to look beautiful, but I do think the comment seems flighty and undermines the other part of her message.

To me, Stevie is saying the same thing that she said many years ago, that in Fritz and then in FM she told those men that she would be equal to them on stage AND that she would not be carrying the equipment cases backstage. I think she means to herald both the equality between the sexes and the distinction she perceives between them.

But her statement has been quoted a lot in the wires and I guess I could read the comments sections in the various newspapers to see what non-fans think about it, but the comments sections are a very scary place.

Michele